Terms and Conditions
Elastoplast Professional APA Conference Sports Promotion
- Information on how to enter the Elastoplast Professional APA Conference Sports Promotion (Promotion) and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other published materials, these Terms and Conditions will prevail. By participating in this Promotion you accept these Terms and Conditions. Entries not made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified.
- The promoter is Beiersdorf Australia Ltd, 4 Khartoum Road, North Ryde NSW 2113, ABN 98 000 025 623, telephone +61 2 9888 0928 (Promoter).
- This Promotion is open to Australian residents only aged 18 or over (Entrants). Employees or directors of the Promoter and the Promoter’s agencies associated with this Promotion and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
- This Promotion commences at 12:01am AEST on Monday 15th May 2017 and entries close at 11:59pm AEST on Friday 4th August 2017 (Promotion Period).
- This Promotion is a game of chance and a game offering instant wins.
- To enter, Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
- purchase at least $200 worth of Elastoplast or Leuko Sports Medicine products in one transaction from a participating store, wholesaler or territory manager (Eligible Purchase);
- visit www.elastoplastAPA.com.au (Website);
- follow the prompts on the Website to register their details (including full name, email, phone number, street address) as well as provide all the requested information by the Promoter;
- upload a copy of the receipt for the Eligible Purchase (not exceeding 5MB); and
- submit their entry so that it is received no later than 11:59pm AEST on Friday 4th August 2017.
- The Promoter will accept multiple entries per Entrant, subject to the following restrictions:
- each entry must be based on a separate Eligible Purchase; and
- each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter will not consider entries not completed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or received after the Promotion Period has ended. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be disregarded. It is the Entrant’s responsibility to ensure that all details are visible in the copy of the receipt uploaded with their entry. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- The prizes (Prizes) are: one (1) major Prize package (Package 1), one (1) of five (5) secondary prizes (Package 2), and one (1) of one hundred (100) instant prizes (Instant Prize) for the first 100 entries.
- return economy airfares (airline as specified by the Promoter) including taxes and checked luggage of one bag per person of no more than 20kg each from the Entrant’s nearest Australian capital city to Sydney, including transfers in Sydney from the airport to the nominated hotel;
- four (4) night’s twin share accommodation in a minimum 4 star hotel of the Promoter’s choice in Sydney; and
- two (2) standard registration tickets to the Australian Physiotherapy Conference for the Entrant and one (1) companion.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Where a Prize (or part of a Prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute that Prize (or part of that Prize) with another prize of equal value or specification, subject to any necessary approval of the relevant gaming authorities. Winners will be notified accordingly. The Promoter will not be liable for any changes to the value or make up of products offered as a prize.
- The winners of Package 1 and Package 2 will be the Entrants who submitted the first six (6) valid entries randomly drawn from a computer database containing all valid entries from all State or Territory groups, selected as follows: one (1) entry from NSW/ACT; one (1) entry for VIC/TAS; one (1) entry from SA/NT; one (1) entry for QLD; one (1) entry for WA; and one (1) entry from all combined State and Territory groups (Winners List).
The first entry separately drawn from the Winners List will be the Winner of Package 1. The remaining five (5) valid entries drawn will be the Winner of Package 2.
The Instant Prize is awarded to the first one hundred (100) valid entries received by the Promoter (together with the winners of Package 1 and Package 2, the Winners).
- The award of the Prizes to Winners is final. The Promoter will not enter into any correspondence with any Entrant other than the Winners in relation to this Promotion or the Prize.
- The draw will be conducted at 2.00pm AEST on Monday 7th August 2017 at the Promoter’s premises (Draw).
- Winners of Package 1 and Package 2 will be notified in writing (mail or email) as well as by phone within two (2) business days of the Draw to the postal or email address and number each Winner provided in his or her entry.
- The name of the Winners of Package 1 and Package 2 will be published on the Website on Monday 21st August 2017.
- There will be a redraw in order to distribute Package 1 or Package 2 prizes which are unclaimed conducted at 2.00pm AEST on Monday 4th September 2017 at the Promoter’s premises. A new Winners List will be selected from each State and Territory group in accordance with clause 11. Winners of the redraw will be notified by in accordance with clause 14.
All Instant Prizes will be distributed in accordance with clause 18, there will be no redraw.
- If for any reason a Winner does not take a Prize (or part of a Prize) as stipulated by the Promoter, the Winner will forfeit that Prize (or part of a Prize) and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that Prize (or part of a Prize).
- The Winners should allow twenty eight (28) days for the Prize delivery. Prize details of Package 1 and Package 2 Prizes will be sent by email to the address each Winner provided in his or her entry. Instant Prizes will be sent by regular post to the street address each Winner provided in his or her entry.
- The Promoter and its agencies and companies associated with this Promotion will take no responsibility for Prizes damaged, lost or stolen in transit.
- All ancillary costs or requirements associated with the Prizes are the Winner’s sole responsibility.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the Prize. Winners should seek independent financial advice in relation to any tax payable in relation to the Prize.
- The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an Entrant invalid if the Entrant:
- fails to establish his/her entitlement to enter this Promotion to the satisfaction of the Promoter;
- tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering; or
- submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- If there is a dispute as to an Entrant’s identity, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to determine the Entrant’s identity.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes, modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of or in relation to this Promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible, and excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of or in relation to: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by an Entrant or Winner; or (f) use of the Prize.
- It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and the Prize supplier’s requirements.
- In consideration of the Prize, Winners grant the Promoter, its affiliates and licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to reproduce, publish, communicate, modify and adapt their entry for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Winners agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to their entry and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
- Each Entrant agrees that he/she is fully responsible for his/her entry. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes any liability in relation to entries submitted under this Promotion. The Promoter may remove any entry without notice for any reason whatsoever.
Entrants warrant and agree that:
- they will not submit any entry that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that may breach any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, or that may be defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- they will obtain full prior consent to the uses contemplated in these Terms and Conditions from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in relation to the entry;
- their entry does not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
- any person whose personal information, including any image included in a photograph or visual recording included in their entry is a person with whom the Entrant has a direct family or friendship relationship, and has consented to the use of his/her image and/or information for and in connection with this Promotion. If the person is under 18 years of age, the person’s parent or legal guardian has provided that consent; and
- they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other term in these Terms and Conditions, Entrant agrees to indemnify and keep indemnified the Promoter for any breach of the terms above.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and voice (including photograph, film and recording of the same) in any media worldwide for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If for any reason this Promotion cannot run as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the Promoter’s control corrupting or affecting the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter can, at its sole discretion, take any action that may be available, and cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Promotion, subject to any applicable State and Federal laws and regulations.
- The Website may not be available for access from time to time during the Promotion Period. All access to, and use of, the Website is at the individual’s risk. Any contact details provided incorrectly via the Website will result in the relevant entry being invalid.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
- Any costs associated with accessing the Website is the Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Unless the position is otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these Terms and Conditions, all valid claims for Instant Prizes made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be met notwithstanding the advertised prize pool had been exceeded.
- Printing errors or other quality control errors outside the control of the individual Entrant will not be used as the sole basis for refusing to award an Instant Prize.
- This Promotion is authorised under:
NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/13596
SA Licence No. T17/744
ACT Permit No. 17/00809
For a list of all participating stores please contact the Promotor.
Entrants must retain their original receipt and barcode of their Eligible Purchase to verify each entry.
Entries will be pooled into State and Territory groups based on the region in which the Entrant is located.
There are five (5) groups: NSW/ACT, VIC/TAS, SA/NT, QLD and WA.
Further details of the Prizes are as follows:
Package 1 is a trip to the Australian Physiotherapy Conference held from 19-21 October 2017 for two (2) which includes:
In Package 1, flights and accommodation are subject to availability. Flights must be taken from the Entrant’s nearest Australian State capital city. All other costs associated with the Prize, including but not limited to any additional transfer costs, meals, additional taxes, insurance, visas, passports, vaccinations, transport to and from any departure points, items of a personal nature, spending money, in-room charges and other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the Entrant and their companion as incurred. Each Entrant and their companion must depart and return at the same time. The Prize is subject to any additional terms and conditions specified by the Prize supplier/s. The Entrant and companion are responsible for ensuring that they have all necessary documents to travel to the relevant destination, including a current passport, any visas and health requirements that may be required. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the Entrant, and their companion. Any person taking the trip who is aged under 18 years at the date of the trip must be accompanied by their parent or guardian. Travel must be booked within two months from the date of notification by the Promoter to the successful Entrant. Changes and cancellations to a booking may be subject to fees. A credit card imprint or cash deposit is required from the Entrant, and/or companion at check-in to hotels for all incidental charges. Frequent flyer points will not form part of this Prize.
Package 2 is one (1) Polar M400 watch.
The Instant Prize is one (1) Elastoplast bandage scissors.
Package 1 is valued at up to $ $5,500.00 RRP including GST depending on the successful Entrant’s point of departure. Package 2 is valued at $299.00 RRP including GST. Each Instant Prize is valued at $10.95 RRP including GST. The total Prize pool value is up to $7,641.00 including GST.
The Promoter also reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants’ details (including an Entrant’s identity, age and address). The Promoter may accept errors and omissions at its discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.